What is it?
PanelBuilder is a DashBoard tool for creating custom interfaces for products from Ross Video, and partner companies, including openGear cards, DashBoard Connect devices, CamBot robotic camera systems, XPression graphics systems, BlackStorm video servers, and Carbonite and Vision Production Switchers.
PanelBuilder™ allows users to create custom control interfaces with any combination of openGear control and monitoring parameters from any combination of openGear cards and frames. Users can build graphical navigation layouts based on signal flow or equipment location for efficient device and signal monitoring. Custom control panel layouts can provide user, or function specific control windows for specific events or situations that require quick access to various parameters from multiple cards.
|Create custom control panels.||By eliminating unused controls, the operator can work with an uncluttered, efficient GUI that’s perfect for the task at hand.|
|Group various controls together from multiple products.||Focus on the production, not how it’s being produced.|
|Create graphical navigation layouts.||Present an overview of your facility with simple status indicators that can be drilled into to get to the details.|
Why Use PanelBuilder™
Use PanelBuilder if you want to:
- Allow your operators to focus on the production, and not on the equipment being used. This is especially useful when operators are experts in what the production needs to be, but not how it’s made such as in a House of Worship, School or Corporate setting.
- Support a new workflow using existing equipment. For example select, preview and display static graphics using a Ross Video Master Control MC1-MK.
- Create a Network Operations Center view of geographically dispersed production equipment, with system health status aggregating up thru each level so that you can quickly drill down to where the trouble is when faults occur.
- Integrate control of multiple devices into a single, logically laid out control surface. For example, trigger graphics, video servers, and transitions from the same UI.
- Control other vendors’ equipment. With over 50 openGear and DashBoard Connect partners, it’s quite likely that the equipment you want to control already understands DashBoard. Otherwise, advanced users can take advantage of PanelBuilder’s rich and powerful scripting support to communicate with 3rd party equipment via UDP.
Get started with PanelBuilder by visiting our DashBoard U.