IntroductionopenGear® provides the industry with the most
flexible and advanced terminal equipment possible.
ReviewBroadcast Engineering - The open architecture
platform saves space and reduces complexity.
What's New?DRA-8604, 2 independent channels of 3G SDI distribution with optional high density config.
User communityConnect with other users, download manuals,
share tips, and much more...
Ask Us Anything!
Director of Infrastructure
Latest openGear® News
Latest Blog Post
Ross Video is pleased to lead the industry with the open architecture, openGear® platform standard. openGear® provides the industry with the most flexible and advanced terminal equipment possible with the opportunity to select products from a wide range of technology leaders, all in one platform under one control system.
- Choices with best in class products
- Wide portfolio from industry leading manufactures
- One Control System!
- No longer a need for multiple frame standards
- No longer single sourced for solutions
- Designed by Ross Video
OG3 Series Frames
Superior flexibility, power and control from the 3rd generation of the openGear® platform. The broadcast world's first and only open-hardware platform, and your platform of choice for your broadcast infrastructure needs.
DashBoard Control & Monitoring
Take control of your Gear with the TCP / IP based, DashBoard Control and Monitoring application.
- Remote control and monitoring
- Java based application
- Automatic discovery of frames and devices
- Practical real time control
- Alarm reporting
- Multiple frames on a single control network
- Multiple DashBoard applications on a single control network
- TCP / IP based communication
- In field upgradability of devices
- Multi-vendor control
SNMP allows you to incorporate openGear® into a system wide SNMP monitoring application.
- Direct to the Frame (no Gateway required)
- Runs on a separate software port to DashBoard
- Software option (on MFC-8322-N) field upgradeable
- MIB’s (Management Information Base) posted on Ross Video website