XPression Primary Capabilities
User friendly design enables creativity and efficiency for your operators and designers.
- Purpose-built, tightly integrated, toolsets empower users to bring content to air quickly with the fewest number of steps and the fewest number of touches by contributors
- Shorter than average learning curves, familiar UI experiences, and integrated workflows mean less training time, and fewer outside services requirements, which in turn results in an overall lower total cost of ownership
- Automation of transitions and updates to on-air graphics without any scripting opens up creativity even for complex graphics tasks
Integration of the latest advances in IT technologies and file-based workflows provides the performance required for any of your graphics production environments.
- Multiple editions of graphics systems are available depending on who uses them, or the requirements of the production, with the availability of headless graphics engines to full virtual set functionality in hardware/software or software-only configurations
- Graphics and clip presentation with instant recalls, predictable latency, frame-accurate switching, and back-to-back transitions all controlled through intuitive user interfaces, plus automation control via multiple protocols
- Simultaneous baseband video ingest on multiple channels, and the freedom to use any codec for origination and archival with seamless transcoding to a highly-efficient codec provides consistent performance and delivery of content
Flexible architecture and implementation delivers a graphics platform that offers you hardware independence and the best in software development.
- A strong and accelerating development curve quickly brings new features and functionality as production requirements evolve
- Hardware independence is a key factor that helps to protect system investment while benefitting from the latest in hardware advances
- A scalable approach enables new capabilities such as 3D and 4K without disrupting usability or workflows
XPression graphics systems and virtual renderers are packaged for various use cases and include: XPression Studio, XPression Studio 4K, XPression Prime, XPression GO!, XPression Designer, XPression Developer, XPression BlueBox, and XPression BlueBox 4K. The Studio and BlueBox editions may also be used as rendering engines for virtual sets and augmented reality.
XPression workflow tools provide the necessary connectivity for local and enterprise-level systems. They handle graphics creation, content editing, media management, publishing, control, data handling, automation, and more.
XPression Clips is a high performance media production server built on the XPression graphics platform. The system is also upgradeable to full CG functionality for hybrid graphics/clip server functionality.
XPression is seamlessly integrated with other Ross Video products including: Streamline production media asset management, Acuity and Carbonite production switchers, OverDrive automated production control, CamBot and Furio robotics, openGear signal processing, DashBoard Control and Monitoring, and Inception media workflow applications. In addition, XPression interfaces with a wide range of third party automation, editorial, and live data applications already installed in facilities and venues around the world.