Solutions to transform production operations for creative, technology, & value advantage
Friday, September 15th, 2017 [Ottawa, Ontario, Canada] – Today at IBC2017, Ross Video®, the leader in Smart Production, unveiled the company’s latest innovations, product, and partner announcements to support an industry undergoing unprecedented transformation.
“Transformation is the rallying cry at this year’s IBC. Never before has the industry been more engaged in the conversation about how to take the current state of the business, technology and organization, explode old notions of how to do things and start with a fresh slate,” stated Jeff Moore, EVP of Ross Video. “It feels that an incredible amount of energy has been unleashed over the past couple of years and is being directed towards these opportunities. Ross is unique in the industry, with deep production knowledge and the ability to not just provide technology, but also services and expertise to achieve transformational results for our clients creatively, technically and operationally – we call this Smart Production.”
Creatively, it’s all about Audience Engagement and Ross is pleased to showcase the following product innovations in support of this objective at IBC2017:
- Ross Frontier game changer for AR/VS graphics – Frontier utilizes the power of the Unreal 4 game engine to render hyper-realistic scenes, textures, and dynamic effects including real-time shadows, reflections, particles, and physical effects. At IBC, Ross will demonstrate Frontier, showing real-time data integration and some amazingly realistic animated human scans from recent projects.
- Ross XPression Tessera & Ross Stadium / MultiScreen Workflow –Sports venues rely on Ross to produce engaging content for their in-venue big screens. At IBC, Ross will show the technology behind the largest stadium screen in the world – Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium with its’ ground breaking, outrageous resolution halo board – driven pixel and frame accurately by XPression Tessera. A full system will be on display at IBC staffed by experts that work on the world’s largest big-screen projects.
- Ross Furio now taller, faster, & stronger – Furio SE rail-based robotic camera systems now offer more elevation range, greater maximum height, and faster speeds to quickly capture even more exciting shots, much to the delight of viewers.
- Ross Inception Multi-Platform Audience Engagement – Inception continues to drive innovation in content production for news, social and the web. Inception version 12 will be on display at IBC with an array of new features including new Web CMS support, along with the ability for users to create custom connections to a CMS or social platform – enabling virtually any CMS.
From a technology perspective, there is much discussion and some deployment of Virtualization, IP and Data Center Technologies. Virtualization initiatives that Ross will be showcasing at Stand 11.C10 include:
- Ross Virtualized News Production – This workflow technology demo delivers a virtualized news production solution installed in Virtual Machines that are hosted by a single 2RU Cisco UCS server.
- Ross Inception.cloud – Inception.cloud offers a fully virtualized implementation that is configured and managed by Ross in the cloud delivering clients unparalleled flexibility.
- Ross Ultrix – Many of the virtualization benefits promised by IP are available today with Ultrix, a full featured ultra-efficient SDI infrastructure connectivity and processing platform. In one compact unit, Ultrix includes most of the typical infrastructure found in a facility – routing at up to 4KUHD 12G rates, full audio mux/demux, clean switching, multi-viewers, MADI breakout, frame synchronizers and more. The latest software release adds support for flexible layouts for Ultriscape MultiViewers, Multi-Viewer clocks and a new frame synchronizer option.
Also at IBC, Ross will be featuring multiple IP and data center technology initiatives including:
- Ross XPression support for standard IP workflows – XPression now supports SMPTE ST 2022-6, 2022-7 I/O, and the current draft of SMPTE ST 2110, as well as NewTek’s NDI®.
- Ross IP Ecosystem – Stand visitors will experience the range of Ross IP products and technologies in a system context using SMPTE ST 2110 and AIMS compliant workflows. Once again, Ross is participating in the IBC IP Showcase featuring the company’s RAPTOR-EDGE gateway, XPression, SRG-series timing generator, and the BACH audio over IP platform from its COVELOZ acquisition.
- Ross IP leadership and interoperability commitment – Ross is an active participant in the standards bodies that are laying the foundation for IP adoption including SMPTE, AIMS, AMWA, IEEE and VSF, as well as supporting NDI. Ross is also involved in the IBC Playout, Live Production, and IS-05 control areas interoperability demonstrations including a successful implementation of AMWA IS-05 with Evertz.
Operationally, the drive is for Value and Efficiency and Ross is pleased to highlight the following value-based products at IBC2017:
- Ross Graphite all-in-one production system – Graphite delivers real audio, video, and graphics without compromise, plus it now ships with professionally-designed graphics packages for Studio / News and Sports. Ross is currently offering a trade-in program for competitive all-in-one systems.
- Ross Abekas Mira Express – Mira Express is new for IBC, offering Rock Solid Replay at an affordable price, an ideal solution for stadiums and mid-market sports replay.
- Ross CamBot – CamBot 600XY is a more affordable option for studios seeking to automate their physical and virtual productions with free-roaming pedestals.
- Ross Lightning – Lightning is an out-of-the-box production system designed for legislative assemblies, houses of worship, and other environments where broadcast resources and budgets are confined.
- Ross OverDrive – OverDrive is the leader in Automated News Production. The latest software release adds many advanced production features including “floor director” – a talent and control room status monitor that enhances production communications.
Visit Ross at IBC2017 Stand 11.C10.
Ross Video is Smart Production
Ross powers video productions for billions of global viewers daily with the industry’s widest range of smart production solutions. Ross makes it easy to create compelling news, weather and sports broadcasts, engaging material for sports stadium screens, entertainment shows and rock concerts, educational institutions, legislative assemblies, corporate applications, and inspiring content for houses of worship. Ross solutions have impressed the audiences and marketing partners of NBC Sunday Night Football, Google YouTube Space London and China’s eSports powerhouse VSPN. Ross delivers an unrivalled range of products and services comprising virtual studios, real-time motion graphics, cameras, robotic camera systems, production switchers, video servers, infrastructure and routers, social media management, newsroom systems and mobile live events.
Ross Video Media Contact:
Media Relations Specialist
Tel: +1 613-652-3020
Ross Video Media Contact – EMEA:
Stuart G. Russell
EMEA Marketing Manager
Tel: +44 7827 019494
Fax: +1 613-652-4425
Ross Video Media Contact – Asia Pacific: