Inception Primary Capabilities
Workflow flexibility lets you choose how best to tell your stories.
- Workflows are improved with both assignment and story centric models, in addition to the traditional rundown model.
The ability to choose a workflow or adapt from an existing rundown-centric workflow makes operations more flexible and efficient.
- By attaching source materials, documents, photos, and e-mails and archiving them alongside the content, users can capture all of these stories into one central location.
- Teams can easily collaborate, organize work with assignments that attach metadata and research materials, and bind conversations to production elements with instant messaging.
Incorporation of social media content extends your audience reach.
- Use of social search and moderated playlists enables direct user involvement.
- Having one unified interface makes it easy to create content for multiple platforms: broadcast, the Web, and social media.
- Publishing of text, image, and video content to a variety of online platforms builds audience engagement.
- With complete discovery and curation tools, news content can be extracted from social media, to be blended directly into broadcasts.
- Using social media polling, and displaying the results in real-time provides interaction with online communities.
- Integration with OverDrive QuickTurn lets users record, encode, and automatically deliver content from broadcasts to the Web or social media.
Extensive connectivity brings your staff and the all the systems they use seamlessly together.
- The entirely browser-based user interface provides full accessed anywhere, so crews have the same user experience in the newsroom and out in the field.
- The ability to utilize Windows and MacOS computers, as well as iPads means that interaction with the system is easily available to all types of users.
- The tightly integrated messaging system links conversations to content making it easy to bring context to stories.
- A robust MOS interface makes integration with automation, graphics, video servers, media asset management, teleprompters, and automated production control systems and a plethora of devices possible for automated news playout and packaging.
- Interfaces with common networking, e-mail, and IT infrastructures, makes integration into business environments a standard process.
Idea-Centric News Production.
Every story starts with an idea. As an idea evolves over time, so must the story. With an idea-centric workflow, traditional stories are grouped into assignments, showing both an evolution of the story, but also a central place to store contacts, documents, and research materials for later reference. With Inception you can capture the evolution of an idea to a story, and keep stories on the same topic together and linked during the production process all the way to archive.
With news budgets squeezed tighter than ever before, media organizations are doing more with less. Inception was designed from the ground up to improve workflows with both assignment and story-centric models, in addition to the traditional rundown model. The ability to choose a workflow that is best for you, or adapt from an existing rundown-centric workflow makes your operation more flexible and efficient.
Unified Hub for Broadcast, Web & Social.
Inception was built from day one with multi-platform content in mind, and its highly modular design integrates social media and Web interaction right into the core.
With Inception, you are able to leverage social media more efficiently than ever before. Interact with your online community and publish text, image, and video content to social media to build audience engagement. Through the powerful discovery and curation tools, discover news content from social media, and utilize this content directly into your broadcasts via a simple drag and drop interface.
Anyone unfamiliar with the newsroom space will be able to quickly learn to navigate through the user-friendly, colorful, and ergonomic interface. With a story-centric workflow, start with a piece of content created for any platform and easily reformat and publish the content across other channels. Publish content immediately; schedule it to be delivered at a specific time, or link pieces of content to publish simultaneously via playout triggers.
Inception provides tools such as social media filters and interactive polls that directly drive content to your on-air graphics and offer unique ways to engage with your viewers.
Plug in to the World.
Inception is built with the latest software technologies offering an entirely browser-based user interface that you can access anywhere. Your crews will have the same user experience in the newsroom and out in the field. This provides the flexibility and consistency that allows them to get the job done.
As a media organization you cannot effectively operate as an island, and neither should your newsroom system. To enable streamlined production workflows for many environments, Inception provides extensive integration with plug-ins for graphics, video servers, media asset management, teleprompters, and automated production control systems from Ross Video and many third parties. Inception also interfaces seamlessly with common networking, e-mail, and IT infrastructures.