Top Reasons to Buy
The entirely browser-based implementation provides your staff with extensive accessibility and collaborative workflows.
- With a rich and fluid user experience, any of your staff can simply open up a Web browser on their Windows PC, Mac, or iPad and start working immediately.
- Installation in your facility or data center is simple, and is completely managed by your team.
- Remote reporters and correspondents can simply login to the system via a VPN link back to their home base anytime they are in the field.
- In addition to creating stories, remote users can do anything that local users are capable of, including working on running orders, assignments, or adding production elements.
- Working in a highly collaborative manner, multiple users can contribute content simultaneously to rundowns, while stories and assignments can be quickly and easily accessed, updated and passed around between users with traditional content locks.
Browser accessibility enables your stories to be created more quickly and with greater inputs from any location.
The modern based user interface puts all of the key features right at your fingertips.
- The user experience is designed to make both senior newsroom users and beginners alike productive
- Intuitive design and consistent behavior make for short learning curves
- Common functions, navigation, and toolbar icons have support for hotkey bindings
- Iconified toolbars and consistent layouts make the user experience easy to understand
- Retention of open views and their location to start where work was left off on the next login
- All views in the workspace are dockable, repositionable, and re-sizable, and various perspectives can be configured on a user-by-user basis to tailor the environment
- Move views around screen as desired, including support for side-by-side stories, feeds, and even running orders
- The central application toolbar permits quickly jumping between core product features
A powerful, yet easy to use interface greatly enhances ease of use for a broad range of users that saves you training costs while providing efficiencies through optimized story production.
The flexible choice of workflow processes and tools adapt to the changing needs of your news environment.
- An idea-centric workflow permits users to organize all of their ideas into assignments, which evolve and grow over time, and contain all of the research, contacts, and source material, to create stories for broadcast, Web, and social media at any point as an assignment evolves.
- A rich set of tools helps organize and prioritize needs, identify key content, and provide ongoing updates as to the progress and developments of a story.
- Stories created for broadcast can be added to a running order and supplemented with graphics, video, and automation instructions, which will be sent to various devices during playout of the rundown.
- Once a rundown has been taken to air, it can be archived so you’ll always have a copy of the script, including all of the research and source materials used in the creation of the original assignment bundled together.
- A complete paperless script workflow designed specifically for the iPad permits your on-air talent and production staff to quickly swipe between scripts, have changes made to any script reflected automatically, or jump between pages in the running order
- A messaging system for one-on-one and group chats is linked to content, permitting your staff working on a story, assignment, or running order to easily communicate with anyone else working on that content
Communication tools include notifications for new messages and conversations alongside high priority alerts and wire notifications
Time and resources are optimized by a system that conforms to your changing workflows rather than restricting organizations to a single mode of operation.
Rich planning and assignment tools help coordinate your busy schedules.
- Drag and drop wire or social media content into grids to create new assignments and then assign your people and deadlines
- Attach contacts, as well as any raw content or research material that can later be referenced for follow-up stories as a collection of resources
- Tailor and customize running order and production grid displays to your preferences with features for approval and coding, detailed status information, and bright color-coded cells and rows to indicate breaks, approvals, and floated lines
- A rich set of timing fields and playout clocks keeps shows on track
Production is made significantly more efficient with features and functions designed to assist you in performing tasks more quickly and with greater accuracy.
An advanced feature set makes creating and delivering content for your news broadcasts easy.
- Customize the visibility, size, and location of columns in running orders, playlists, assignments, or the story manager, and define columns with support for lists, users, checkboxes, and text fields
- Organize wire content to find data quickly and easily with the ability to categorize and highlight wires according to urgency and configure alerts to provide user notifications
- Categorize and manage organizational contacts and sources with customizable groups to easily browse contacts by topic, area of expertise, organization or geographic location, and contact linking against assignments
- Centralized search engine for story, assignment, and running order archives, as well as wires and social media with advanced filters for date, user, and type
- Alerts and messaging bar brings instant messages, high priority alerts, and production warnings including high-priority news updates and connectivity errors between devices in the control room.
The ability to arrange tools and interfaces to best suit your needs facilitates quickly bringing stories to air, but also ensures better accuracy and thorough approval processes.
Social media is an integral aspect of your news productions.
- A plug-in based design provides integration with social media destinations including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and YouTube
- Manage, approve and publish content to social media directly from the newsroom
- Search, discover, and curate from online audiences
- Engage viewers and gain real-time data using social polling
- Incorporate Social Media Feeds and Content Discovery
Incorporating social media information and publishing out to social media does not require you to acquire additional applications and systems, or need additional staff.
An adaptable, secure, and robust platform meets the needs of your users and IT infrastructure.
- Browser-based design enables the system to run on both Windows and Mac OS
- A customized iPad experience permits users to have access to their entire editorial workflow
- Support for most major browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari
- Support for ActiveX and HTML5 Pluginsp
- Fully Unicode compliant
- Support for multiple database engines
- Optional LDAP and Active Directory support
- Strict security standards adherence with support for secure socket layer (SSL) technology to encrypt client to server communications
- Installs on a single server, connects on a network with links to the various MOS devices, and to newsroom users via HTTP
- Ability to enable remote user access via a VPN connection through firewalls
- Redundancy option with two servers, and a load balancing appliance distributing the user load across the nodes and automatically redistributing users seamlessly in case of a server failure
- Redundant database automatically replicates all changes from the primary to keep both systems in sync
- MOS devices connect to the primary system, and those devices supporting redundant newsrooms can connect to both the primary and redundant systems for complete fault tolerance.
A high level of connectivity and integration of common standards simplifies system deployment and lowers cost of ownership.