The SmartShell architecture includes a separate Robotics Server.
- Simultaneously supports every control station
- Simplifies control station redundancy by ensuring that all stations have access to the same configuration data
- Consolidates robotic control data*
Configuration includes centralized Thumbnail Server
- Central storage for Thumbnails.
- Grabs Thumbnails from an SD or HD-SDI video source.
- Permits multiple SmartShell User Interfaces to share a library of Thumbnails.
Configuration includes Routing Server
- Sends switch messages to router to direct video feed from selected robot to the desired preview monitor
- Sends switch messages to route video from the selected camera to the capture card in the Robotics Server for capturing a thumbnail image, which is then stored in the Thumbnail server