IntroductionFrontier is a video gaming engine capable of photorealistic scenery and works in Virtual Studio environments for virtual sets and augmented reality, much like XPression.
Video Gaming TechnologyUses the Unreal 4 gaming engine from Epic games as the render engine to create photorealistic scenery.
Workflow IntegrationWorks in conjunction with XPression, UX, and UX VCC to provide flexible and scalable virtual solutions.
User communityConnect with other users, download manuals,
share tips, and much more...
Ask Us Anything!
Director, Product mgt. and business development
A benefit of using virtual production technology is that modest studio spaces can be made to look much larger and more impressive, and set design can be quickly and easily changed for different applications. With this flexibility, comes the demand to make virtual sets look much more natural and convincing.
Frontier is a video gaming engine capable of photorealistic scenery and works in Virtual Studio environments for virtual sets and augmented reality.
UX VCC controls the tracking data, UX controls positioning and scaling of elements, texture routing, and event triggering.
- Enables creation of even the most complex graphical elements quickly, easily, and with unprecedented realism
- Offers designers incredible levels of creative freedom combined with hyper-realistic rendering quality
- Achieves realistic looks with greater accuracy than ever before
Combine the Best
- Incorporates a highly advanced video gaming engine now optimized to work in virtual studio environments
- Works simultaneously with XPression for flexible and dynamic production
- Uses the UX application as an operator-friendly front end, so operators are not required to learn new platforms
- Supports customization, flexibility, and scalability in terms of number of cameras and number of graphic engines through the integration of the UX and UX VCC applications
Get the Look
- Uses the cutting edge Unreal gaming engine, from Epic Games, as the render engine
- Offers state-of-the-art features such as particle systems, dynamic textures, live reflections and shadows and even collision detection
- Provides superior high realism scenery with effects such as rain drops and fire, live shadows and reflections, lens flares, and dynamic highlights
Sign up for our newsletter, the Ross Insider!
We will keep you up to date with our news, events and other great features.