About this event
Join Ross Video and learn the basics of operating XPression – the broadcast industry’s fastest growing real-time motion graphics platform. Over these two days, a Ross Trainer will introduce you to the key features and functions a live Graphics Operator will need in order to use XPression.
- XPression Sequencer
- Adding New Scenes, Renaming/Number Scenes
- Controlling using number pad, mouse & cursor keys
- Fast Recall mode
- Preview & Playback functions
- Play States
- Modifying the Keyboard Map to create custom sequencer controls
- Manual / Automated groups
- Editing properties using the Take Inspector
- Modify data manually as well as in DataLinq / Widgets
- Adjust layer & channel assignments
- Exporting sequence as a text list
- Appending your sequence with a take item text file
- Exporting / Importing take items as XML files
- Exporting take items as stills / video / image sequences
- Controlling the sequencer via Rosstalk, Ross Switcher, 3rd Party Device
- Scene Manager, Preview Window, Output Monitors, Virtual Outputs
- Project Manager: Deploying remote XPression Projects into XPression
- DatalinqTM: Introduction to DatalinqTM
Date & Time
October 10th & 11th
10am – 4pm ET both days
**NOTE: You must be present both days in order to attend
Who can Attend?
Training is free to any freelance graphics operators not currently working for a customer on a full-time basis. Contact Greg Lennon (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm further availability.
All attendees must own a personal laptop that meets certain minimum specifications. Click here for a video that outlines those requirements. In general terms, the computer must include the following:
• Windows 7 or 10 required (Windows 11 not officially supported, but should work fine for training purposes)
• Microsoft Office install with Microsoft Excel is recommended
• An nVidia GPU preferred
• 2-3Gb of RAM
In preparation for the training, we encourage you to review the following tutorial videos, which can be found on the Ross Video XPression U site.
In addition to the training, each student will receive a one year license to a trial edition of XPression Designer, the offline creation edition of XPression. This version is not capable of outputting live video, but it will render graphics to a pixel accurate watermarked virtual output on your VGA screen. This will allow you to work with XPression at home to continue learning XPression after the class is done.