IntroductionCarbonite uses the absolute latest technology to provide unprecedented production power.
UHD & 12G FeaturesUHD operation software release for Carbonite Black production switchers and introducing Carbonite Black Plus 12G frame.
XPression Included!All Carbonite Black systems ship with an XPression LiveCG software license to provide production graphics.
What's New?AIMS-compliant IP options to interface to standards-based SMPTE ST 2110 and
ST 2022-6 infrastructures.
Ask Us Anything!
Vice President, Production Switchers, and Video Servers
Marketing Product Manager
Carbonite is our mid-size switcher that delivers high-end production power in a very affordable package. Now available with AIMS-compliant IP options to interface to standards-based SMPTE ST 2110 and ST 2022-6 infrastructures.
- Unprecedented production power in a super compact frame
- Pristine processing precisely tuned for this mid-size platform
- More function integration inside the box – less outboard gear is required
- Versions to handle 1080P60 and 4K productions – without requiring expensive upgrades.
- Ross is well known as one of the best value brands in the industry*
- Free lifetime technical advice by telephone and email – forever!
- A platform approach with a growth path that adds new features via free software upgrades
- NEW CarboniteIP delivers IP support for Carbonite Black production switchers
- Carbonite is backed by Ross- a solid company committed to production switcher development with a 40+ year history.
- Ross ships the most production switchers in 2 ME and up sizes – this popularity makes it easier to hire and retain operations staff
- Choose great support – Ross annually receives among the highest ratings for customer support*
Ever dream of big switcher production power in a mid-size package you can afford? We did here at Ross, and turned that dream into reality with Carbonite, a ground breaking mid-size production switcher series. Carbonite easily fits into a wide range of budget limited production environments, but still offers the capabilities, features, and reliability required to do the job right. Proven integration with Ross production systems as well as an array of third party devices coupled with high efficiency gained from easy to use and intuitive operation, means no compromises in production quality with this incredible mid-size package, available at an unbeatable price.
Featuring space conscious control panels with 1, 2, or 3 ME’s and a super compact 2 RU production engine, Carbonite may be tiny but it is packed with high value features essential to the delivery of broadcast quality productions. A strong all-metal body, high end buttons, the Legendary Ross Fader, and professional grade joystick positioner make Carbonite quite rugged. Add to the reliability of Carbonite by choosing the redundant power option that provides dual power supplies for both the control panel and the production engine.
Carbonite delivers a professional grade feature set with DVE functions, media stores, auxiliary buses, advanced chroma keying, I/O capacity and more. Carbonite features intuitive panel ergonomics and production efficiencies consistent with that of much larger switchers. This not only results in short learning curves but also in fewer production errors.
As our Research and Development team continues to develop Carbonite software, you will benefit from added features and enhancements. We make new software versions available to Carbonite customers via our web site absolutely free for the life of your switcher. (Note that there may be a charge for certain significant new options).
Ross Video cares about you. We recognize that by providing a superior customer experience, we will succeed. You’ll also appreciate being greeted by a friendly hello instead of a machine when you call us during business hours. We believe in the human side of customer relations.
* Source: Devoncroft Big Broadcast Survey