– World’s most widely deployed production control system gets a host of updates
– Version 18 offers easier audio handling and improvements to user interface and security
Ottawa, Canada, November 8th 2018 – Following the news of OverDrive Version 18 at IBC in September of this year, Ross is pleased to announce that the latest release of the world’s most popular and widely deployed Automated Production Control (APC) solution is now available to customers.
Version 18 helps content creators better manage and reduce the complexity of audio, as well offering additional rundown information, greater customization of the user interface, Ross Virtual Solutions UX MOS support (for virtual studio/augmented reality applications), as well as new security updates.
A summary of the new features:
- Audio Variables – included in OverDrive Premium and optional modules for OverDrive Prime and OverDrive Express.
- QuickAudio Groups, an enhancement to the existing QuickAudio feature where users can group multiple sources into a single keyword.
- New UI customization – bigger, bolder and different colors. Users can now select different colors to represent elements in the rundown to match existing workflows making the transition to OverDrive even easier.
- Additional rundown information – users can now display more granular information about each shot in the rundown. This enables a simpler or more detailed display depending on the layout’s application (e.g. producer needs less technical information, but the director wants more detailed information.)
- New security updates and performance/security improvements for HTML5 MOS plugins.
- Ross Virtual Solutions (VS/AR) – UX MOS support
Commenting on the new release, Mike Paquin (Ross Video’s Marketing Product Manager for Automation & Control) points to the consistent evolution of OverDrive as one of its key attractions. “Our customers really value the ability to automate even the most complex of workflows but do so in a manner that’s highly flexible and repeatable. With every release of OverDrive we improve the flexibility and ease of use, and it’s no surprise that we now have over 400 deployments of OverDrive around the world. It’s trusted by some of the biggest names in broadcast and it delivers daily.”
At the same time as shipping V18 of OverDrive, Ross is also releasing V5.1 of Caprica, which enables OverDrive to be used with a comprehensive range of third party production switchers. For more information on OverDrive and OverDrive Caprica, please click here.
Ross Video is Smart Production
Ross powers video productions for billions of global viewers daily with the industry’s widest range of smart production solutions. Ross makes it easy to create compelling news, weather and sports broadcasts, engaging material for sports stadium screens, entertainment shows and rock concerts, educational institutions, legislative assemblies, corporate applications and inspiring content for houses of worship.
Ross solutions have impressed the audiences and marketing partners of NBC Sunday Night Football, Eurosport, BBC World, Google, YouTube, Space London, and China’s eSports powerhouse VSPN. Ross delivers an unrivalled range of products and services comprising virtual studios, real-time motion graphics, cameras, robotic camera systems, production switchers, video servers, infrastructure and routers, social media management, newsroom systems, and mobile live events.