Ottawa, Canada, May 4th 2021 – Ross Live 2021 kicked off earlier today with the broadcast of Episode One, and the first installment saw CEO David Ross in reflective mood, broadcasting from his office at the Ross Ottawa campus and noting that almost a year had passed since he was last in the building. Pondering the hardships we’ve all faced over the last twelve months, David sent his condolences to everyone who has suffered and lost loved ones during the pandemic, and paid tribute to the resilience and fortitude of Ross staff, customers and partners throughout this challenging period. He also commented on the remarkable innovation shown by the Ross R&D teams and looked forward to a brighter second half of 2021, ending with the hope that customers will be able to visit the new Ottawa Customer Experience Center very soon.
Following David, Ross Executive VP Jeff Moore interviewed Zach Wilkie (formerly President of Image Video) to discuss the acquisition of the company by Ross last year, and to consider the customer benefits of Ross adding Tally Systems to its solutions portfolio. There then followed a number of new product announcements during the now-traditional ‘Lighting Round’, including:
- Voyager XR – an update to the Voyager graphics rendering solution that includes support for Epic Games’ nDisplay technology, enabling Voyager to be used for Extended Reality production applications.
- XPression Maps 3.2 – the latest version of the popular maps application includes new branding tools, an all-new Touch feature for touchscreen use and an HTML5 client that supports all major newsroom computer systems, including Inception from Ross.
- PIERO 16.2 – the world’s leading sports graphics analysis tool now includes line and texture tracking in parallel, as well as added support for the NDI protocol on the Piero Touch app.
- AirCleaner 2.0 – Ross Video’s live event profanity delay solution is updated with 4K UHD licensing, the ability to edit audio on a track-by-track basis, and a new DashBoard control interface.
- Gator Toolbox 2.0 – the signal conversion problem solver now supports both 2SI and SQD, along with user pre-sets to enable quick recall of common configurations. Support is also added for discrete AES audio embedding/de-embedding and for 12G fiber workflows.
- AMX-8952 – a new simple and effective audio embedder/de-embedder and Framesync, with support for analog or AES audio and bonus features like a dual input for signal path failover and CLEAN/QUIET switching.
- MC1-UHD – the broadcast industry’s most popular Master Control solution is upgraded to add DVE, TSL Tally and discrete audio inputs as a free update to existing customers.
- 8900 Series – the latest single and dual channel distribution amplifiers have been designed to support 12G-SDI signal chains, and also support SD, HD, ASI and MADI signals, making them a versatile choice for any SDI facility.
Rounding off the broadcast with his usual ‘One More Thing’ segment, David Ross discussed the latest Ultrix Acuity ‘hyper-converged’ production system and announced the launch of Ultrix Carbonite, which features the same Software Defined Processing Engine. The ability to add multiple Carbonites into an Ultrix FR5 provides an even more ‘hyper converged’ solution with a router plus multiple production switchers in a single unit enabling even more savings in cabling, rack space and power. A full launch Tech Talk for Ultrix Carbonite will be held on May 11th, and customers can register for this broadcast now at www.rossvideo.com/live. The full Episode One broadcast is also available to watch on-demand on the same page.
Ross Video– High Impact, High Efficiency Production Solutions
Ross powers live video productions for billions of global viewers daily with the industry’s widest range of high impact, high efficiency solutions and services. Ross makes it easy to create compelling news, weather and sports broadcasts, engaging content for sports stadium screens, entertainment shows and rock concerts, educational institutions, legislative assemblies, corporate presentations and inspiring content for houses of worship.
Ross solutions have impressed the audiences and marketing partners of Eurosport, BBC World, SKY, Yahoo! Finance, and the international esports powerhouse ESL. Ross provides an unrivalled range of products and services that includes cameras, real-time motion graphics, production switchers, robotic camera systems, augmented reality/virtual studios, video servers, infrastructure and routers, social media management, newsroom systems and live event production services.