Acuity V8 and Carbonite V13 offer a host of new features; launch of the new Carbonite Black Solo13 cements Carbonite’s position as industry’s most popular midsize family of switchers
NAB 2018 sees the release of the latest versions of Ross Video’s flagship Acuity production switcher, Carbonite switcher, and the launch of a new Carbonite Black Solo13 model.
Acuity Version 8 adds a number of features to the already comprehensive set, including:
- Floating 3D DVE. MultiViewer Cards can now have a DVE card installed to share system wide with all MEs
- 2020 WCG HDR Conversion on Input Processing Boards and on Output Boards with support for HLG, PQ and Slog3
- Audio added to the Global Store
- Enhancements to Custom Controls based on user request and feedback
- Improvements to Acuity panel quick row delegations
- Virtual panel now served from the real panels.
Carbonite – the world’s most popular midsize switcher – is upgraded to Version 13 for the show and benefits from the addition of a number of new features:
- DashBoard VirtualPanel is now available for all Carbonite switchers
- DashBoard control of input & output Colour Corrector and proc amps (for Plus, MultiMedia, Black Plus & Black Plus 12G)
- Colour correctors now include presets for colour temperatures. Also, SDR to HLG1200 and HLG1200 to SDR (709 colour space) presets are now included
- Live Assist DashBoard Menu improvements. Transition menu includes Source Selection for PST & BKGD, Next Transition Inclusions, Show Alpha, and a cleaner settings grouping
- MediaWipe enhancement – select layer that MediaWipe will be located
- Any Bus Follow – all switcher video buses can follow any switcher bus
NAB 2018 will also mark the official launch of the Carbonite Black Solo13, a new self-contained production switcher and hardware panel combination with 13 inputs and 6 outputs. Solo13 gives you more I/O to work with in your productions, while retaining the successful and highly-compact Carbonite Black Solo form factor.
Les O’Reilly, Marketing Product Manager for Production Switchers at Ross, is keen to highlight the company’s unbroken development record in production switchers. “Ross started out as a switcher company in 1974 and we’ve obviously grown and diversified a great deal since then, but production switchers remain an incredibly important part of our business. I’m proud of our track record in developing and updating these products; Ross continues to offer upgrades that are freely available to our earliest customers and I know they value that longevity and consistency of approach”.
Ross Video is moving for NAB2018! We will be on booth SL3305 in the Lower South Hall for the duration of the show.
Ross Video is Smart Production
Ross powers video productions for billions of global viewers daily with the industry’s widest range of smart production solutions. Ross makes it easy to create compelling news, weather and sports broadcasts, engaging material for sports stadium screens, entertainment shows and rock concerts, educational institutions, legislative assemblies, corporate applications and inspiring content for houses of worship.
Ross solutions have impressed the audiences and marketing partners of NBC Sunday Night Football, Eurosport, BBC World, Google YouTube Space London and China’s eSports powerhouse VSPN. Ross delivers an unrivalled range of products and services comprising virtual studios, real-time motion graphics, cameras, robotic camera systems, production switchers, video servers, infrastructure and routers, social media management, newsroom systems and mobile live events.
Ross Video Media Contact: