Ross Video’s solutions have made a significant positive impact on CVMC, allowing them to create a versatile studio capable of handling different types of content and formats. For instance, by embracing the hyperconverged capabilities delivered by the Ross technologies, they have benefitted from increased simplicity, flexibility and efficiency while also lowering their total cost of ownership (TCO). In practical terms, these benefits include:
- Simplicity: Ross Video’s solutions provided a streamlined installation process, with fewer interconnects between devices and a unified language for integrated components. The platform supports a wide range of I/O options, such as SD through UHD, SDI, fibre and IP, allowing for seamless connectivity.
- Flexibility: The hyperconverged solution enabled CVMC to easily add software-defined features across the platform without the need for external equipment. This reduced the complexity of reconfigurations between events, enhancing overall adaptability.
- Lower TCO: These hyperconverged platforms are capable of performing multiple tasks and typically cost less than systems comprising multiple purpose-built devices. By reducing the need for racks, cables, power and cooling, CVMC benefited from lower upfront costs, operational expenses and reduced overall TCO.
- Faster Deployment: The simplified design provided by Ross allowed for quicker on-air readiness, and with fewer devices to install and manage, setup and configuration were centralised, accelerating the deployment process.
- Streamlined Workflows: By utilising a single platform, CVMC integrated various components to create efficient workflows spanning connectivity, signal processing and production. This led to improved operational efficiency, higher quality productions and increased staff satisfaction.
The Ultrix router and Carbonite mixer have enabled seamless processing of video and audio signals, generating embedded audio from program output, clean feed output and custom camera AUX output. All video and audio processing via the Ultrix solution and Carbonite mixer are in use daily. CVMC uses four monitors that support Production Control, Sound Control and Camera Control positions.
The modular OG cards have provided CVMC with signal conversion and distribution capabilities for various sources and destinations, while the Gator toolbox delivered flexible scaling options for different aspect ratios. The Dashboard software has also made it easy for teams to control and monitor all Ross devices from one interface.
In addition, the compact design of the Ross Video solutions enabled them to be integrated within the CVMC studio environment using a minimal number of rack units. It also allowed the automation of content processes using Dalet’s OnePlay platform, which integrated seamlessly with the Ross Carbonite Ultra mixer and Ultrix matrix.